The energy regulator Ofgem has announced that millions of households in the United Kingdom will face a £139 increase on their energy bills. The price hike is due to come into effect from April and affect around 11 million people who are with British Gas, EDF Energy, Scottish Power, npower and SSE Airtricity. This raises concerns for those without loft insulation or an energy performance certificate as they may be unable to afford further increases when these are rolled out across the UK.
- British Gas: The company is expected to impose a £83 increase on the price of gas and electricity for around 11 million UK households.
- EDF Energy: This energy provider will raise its prices by an average of £77, affecting four million customers in England who are with SSE Airtricity or Scottish Power.
- NPOWER: the company has said that its prices will increase by £141 to an average of £1245 per annum.
- SSE Airtricity is expected to raise gas and electricity tariffs for around two million households in England, Wales and Scotland by a total of £145.
The question is how can we make a difference to our energy bills before we get hit with the price increase?
-Firstly, analyse how much energy you are using. Are you using too much energy? Do you fall into the high, medium or low bracket with KWH use? Studies show when your property is insulated correctly, you will be using less energy (KWH). We estimate that if you fall into the medium bracket of usage 2900KWH, fully insulating your property would decrease the amount if Killa Watt (KW) usage meaning you would fall into the lower bracket, ensuring that your bills would be much lower to around 1900KWH. Please refer to the bottom of the article for an example we have provided.
- Secondly, opt in for a free survey and see where you are currently at with your Insulation. One of our trained surveyors are professional in their approach and will keep you up to date with where you are currently at with your Insulation and how adequate it is, what can be done to improve. Potentially how much savings on bills can be made or added gains to your property with an improved EPC rating.
- Thirdly, install loft and roof insulation. This will not only improve your home’s energy efficiency but it may also lower the bills by hundreds and sometimes thousands.
Spray foam insulation is our solution to cut energy bills down.
Did you know?
As of 1 April 2020, landlords of domestic rental properties in England and Wales with new or existing tenancies are legally required to comply with the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES). The MEES rating is ‘E’ or higher and encourages landlords with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of ‘F’ or ‘G’ to undertake energy efficiency improvements to their property so that they may continue to let the property.
The use of spray foam insulation in loft spaces to insulate ceilings and rafters is becoming increasingly popular. Insulating your loft is imperative as heat rises and escapes through gaps that are not sealed or insulated, leading to cold air in your property. This leads to more usage of energy. We have a solution where we ensure the insulation is what keeps your bills down to a minimum and used to keep you warm through winter periods and cooler through summer periods. Lapolla Spray foam insulation can be installed anywhere as it does not require gaps for installation, so perfect for areas such as lofts where traditional methods are impossible due to lack of space or proximity to other surfaces below.
Don't settle for traditional insulation methods when spray foam is better in all aspects and can be installed anywhere giving the best results in savings.
Save money on your energy bills!
Lapolla Spray foam insulation is the most energy efficient insulation in the UK.
Give us a call today for loft insulation and to get an energy performance certificate, the best way to save hundreds or sometimes thousands on your annual bill.
We are your Nationwide Spray foam installation specialists, no job is too big or too small. We treat every project the same and ensure customers satisfaction is met.
Call now for professional and friendly advice: 0208 050 3878
Warm Lofts Insulation are experts in spray foam installations - we have been installing Lapolla Spray foam for some time now and complete work to a high standard ensuring that our customers come first. On completion of your project we follow up to check how your house is performing and carry out annual checks to ensure that you made the right choice in using us.
David R., home owner from Perthshire
"I have been struggling for some time now with my energy bills and I wanted to do something about them but didn't know where to start."
Saving over a thousand pounds in total on his lifetime energy bill - see example calculation below: "If you had an average annual electricity consumption of 3500 kwh then our calculations show it would cost you around £1234 per year if your house was insulated as opposed to £1473 without insulation. This means your yearly savings will be £239.
You can use our free epc checker to see how much money you are currently spending on your energy bills and how much you can save if you was to take action. All data is official government data and you can get results on your property within two clicks
Check To See How Your Homes Energy Is Perfoming!
We help home owners like yourself cut energy bills on their properties!
Get The Energy Rating On Your Property In Two Clicks